Saturday, August 23, 2008

Kudos Wrigley's!

I'm pretty darn critical of crappy advertising. Ask my husband! We're often watching TV together and I'll say aloud, "What? That didn't make sense!" Take the DLP commercials with the little girl and the elephant. "It's all in the mirrors." Wha??? What the hell does that mean? I've tried many times to figure it out and I just don't get it. Why is the elephant there? What's in the little box with the brilliant light the girl is holding? What, exactly, is DLP anyway?

With all that said, I need to give some snaps to clever advertising. The folks at Wrigley's, you know - the makers of childhood favorites as Big Red and Juicy Fruit chewing gum, have done an excellent job at making me watch and chuckle at their commercials featuring Sprint Cup driver Juan Pablo Montoya time and time again. Evidently JPM is a good sport because he's totally making fun of himself in them. That combination is genius! Thanks to YouTube here are two. Enjoy!





What I love best about the Juicy Fruit one is that the guy at the piano always says something different! I don't know that I've ever seen the same version twice!

So the advertising group at or for Wrigley's deserve a big old momorable mention. Good work! Juan Pablo, you get one too! I've been a fan since your early F1 days. You've gotten a lot of criticism for coming to the Sprint Cup series and I applaud you for showing them you rock as a driver!

No comments: