Saturday, August 2, 2008

Isshoes

I wrote an, almost, identical post to another blog at this time last year. I HATE SHOE SHOPPING! No, I'm not betraying my inherent right as a female to love such an event. It's just that my daughters have such narrow feet!

I've been to the Stride Rite store. They make ONE style in a narrow width. And wouldn't you know it, it's fugly. I have girly girls. They want something with a little pizazz. Not the solid colored more-basic-than-black pair that still doesn't quite fit them correctly.

As luck, and genetics, have it, I experience the same problem. My heels are exceptionally narrow. My mother has been through this same hell. The difference, though, is that when I got new shoes we left the store with little thirty little pads stuck strategically in them. One do-dad around the heel, some little sticky deals along the side... They shoe guy kept modifying until we got it *just* right. Today, you can't find those little modifiers anywhere!

I've got a store or two left to try. We'll hit there tomorrow. Unfortunately, I'm not terribly hopeful. Thankfully there is always http://www.zappos.com/ and their beautiful free return shipping. But still - ordering shoes online for children is risky business. It's just so more likely that any given pair won't work for a plethora of reasons than them actually fitting correctly.

Tonight I will sit back with a lovely glass of pinot noir and think about anything other than mary janes...unless the have a rockin' heel and come in patent leather.

On a positive note, we cleared Gymboree of most of their size 5 stock. :-) The first day of school outfit includes an adorable apple skirt. Could that be cuter?
[photo courtesy of www.gymboree.com]

No comments: