Wednesday, August 20, 2008

Is it time for the new Fall season of TV yet?

It's clear that I'm ready for summer to end and move forward with the fall. I've found myself almost begging my children to watch Enchanted merely so I can fantasize about how freakin' dreamy appropriately named McDreamy from Grey's Anatomy is. We started the movie this morning and I just encouraged my girls to finish it. They protested so I convinced them only to watch through the part where Giselle and Robert are dancing at the King and Queen's Ball and his singing to her. Those eyes... That voice... Ugh! I love my husband dearly, but he'd permit one weekend away with Patrick Dempsy, though, I may take him up on it. Think Indecent Proposal only with the cash flow going the other way. LOL

Aside from Mr. Handsome, I genuinely like Enchanted. It's got a fun story, great songs, animals, a little girl. What's not to like? My only grudge against it has been the fact that Patrick Dempsey keeps playing these really memorable roles where he, at age 42, keeps starring opposite of twenty-something women.

I googled Amy Adams, the actress who plays Giselle and was shocked to find out she's actually 2 months older than me! No way! Then in an additional attempt to prove my "twenty-something girls" theory right I googled Ellen Pompeo from Grey's Anatomy only to find out she's actually 5 years older than me. Hmph!

Lesson learned (especially with regard to Amy Adams)...I need to pretty myself up a bit! I was sure both of these women were a lot younger than they are.

Hubby and I are heading down to Daytona for the Rolex 24 Hours AMLS race in January. McDreamy tends to make an appearance. And folks, I swear if I see him all decked out in a race suit (I don't believe I've revealed my sexual arousal produced by horsepower yet - stay tuned) I will faint. Until then, I have to wait for the new season of Grey's and watch Enchanted endlessly. Those eyes....................... sigh

No comments: