Monday, August 4, 2008

Excuse me sir, my parents left me but remembered their luggage

As reported by MSN, an Israeli couple, along with their five children were on their way to Paris for a family vacation upon a charter plane. Forty minutes into that trip, the flight staff informed them they were short one kid.

It seems in all the hustle and bustle they were able to keep up with 18 pieces of luggage, duty-free goods and four of their five children. Unfortunately their three-year-old daughter got so far lost in the crowd that her family had left the country before her absence was noticed. Evidently Home Alone isn't a popular movie in Israel.

Let me not throw too much judgement as when my own children were babies, I'd have honest-to-goodness nightmares that I was out somewhere and left them in the car, on the car, in the store, in the house...you name it. I guess I was stressed about missing a details, albeit an important one, in my role as a mom. So I'm sure this incident was a true nightmare for this family and their little girl. I'll bet they'll never lose her again. And thankfully it appears all is well now. The children continued on the next flight to Paris accompanied by an airline staffer. The parents returned to claim their daughter. I can't help but to wonder...how old are the older kids? Because short of about 18, I'm not trusting an airline employee with their safety in a foreign country for any length of time. No offense to airline employees, of course, They are very likely outstanding folks. I'll hope so for the purpose of this family as they cared for all of their children at one point or another on this trip. But, yikes! Is anyone else envisioning Macauly Culkin making that face where he puts his hands on the sides of his face? "Ahhhhhhhhhhhhhhh!"

No comments: