Saturday, August 23, 2008

And this is why I'm a "dog person"

My husband just came in from the patio and said "Go to CNN.com". I was in the middle of fiddling with my family blog, mildly annoyed with his interruption. "Click on the link "Abandoned dog saves baby." I scroll and can't find it. Turns out the headline is actually "Dog saves abandoned baby" but whatever. Here's the link so you can see it for yourself.

It seems a dog in Argentina saved an abandoned newborn, just hours old and with a 14 year old mother, dragged it to where her own six new puppies were assembled and kept it warm in 37 degree temperatures. The baby was soon thereafter rescued.

I've said it before in different forums. No matter the details of your life, the emotions of motherhood are universal. When I said that, I meant it with regard to socio-economic status, race, sexual preference, etc. I, now, expand that to include many four-legged friends as well. Mama knew that baby was in trouble and did all she knew to do to keep him going. I wish I could send her a big fat biscuit! Good job, girl!

The reason my husband wanted me to see the article? The dog looks EXACTLY like my sister-in-law's pooch.

No comments: