Sunday, January 11, 2009

Winter is coming to the Grand Strand!

I just saw the 7 day weather forecast - on Friday our high is predicted to be 39 degrees. On Saturday it will be 36. Yikes!

I can remember being a child growing up in NJ, begging my mother to let me stay out longer when I played in the snow with my friends. I easily overcame ice that had somehow gotten between my glove and coat sleeve. A little snow to the face never hurt anyone. I even got over any injuries to extremities, which we all know hurt worse when you're a kidcicle. But now, anything until 50 degrees requires mittens and a round of hot chocolate when I get back in. I'm reeling at a high of 36 degrees. I'm already researching crock pot soup recipes. It already feels like that kind of a day.

The only bright spot in this frigid weather is the possibility for snow. My little one is obsessed with it snowing. I always get questions like "Since it's winter, will it snow today?" and "It's pretty cold today (64 degrees), will it snow?" When we were in Disney World and there was "snow" at Hollywood Studios at the Osbourne Family Lights, she exclaimed with delight, "It's snowing today!" Adorable! Of course, she's got less of a tolerance for cold that I do. Naturally, as she's a Myrtle Beach native!

No comments: