Saturday, January 10, 2009

MM for 1/10/09 - Bride Wars!

I don't know what the deal is, but I've been dying to escape for a bit from my family and see a movie - alone. I've been with them pretty much full-time since before our Disney vacation and I just needed some time to think. So on the spur of the moment, I hopped in the shower and off I went. On the ride there I called two friends. The first didn't answer and the second was unable to join me. I'm humored by dying for alone time but asking friends to come along. LOL

Anyway, I went and saw Bride Wars with Anne Hathaway and Kate Hudson. I won't give anything away, but what a perfect little movie to see by myself. Though it absolutely made me miss the crap out of my best friend, who lives in NJ. I left the theater still tearing, thinking about how I wished I could spend more time with her. On my way home I left her a message that went something like this...

"Hey Carli! I just went and saw Bride Wars by myself because my family is driving me nuts. And it made me miss you so much. So I decided...you're moving here. We'll help you find a new house and Scott a new job. We know people. And that way we can get back to being "see you once a year if we're lucky" friends to "I'm sending the kids over for a bit." friends." Here's were my voice cracked, a lump in my throat formed and I started talking really rapidly and making little sense, so I wrapped it up.

The movie didn't get the best reviews, but I liked it!

No comments: