Tuesday, January 20, 2009

Thoughts on the inauguration...

What a historic day. I didn't vote for him, but the passion folks feel for Barrack Obama and the potential he holds to make real change for American citizens and those around the world is real. They hope they rest on his shoulders is huge. And while I hold my breath in anticipation of seeing what the next four years bring, I too can't help but to be swept up in the emotion of it all.

President Obama is a likeable man. He's an excellent speaker with powerful words. From his mouth to God's ears, I pray they go. May he really be able to make meaningful changes.

God Bless America!

Now while it's obvious I'm of no African American decent, I'm proud of being one today. LOL I couldn't be happier or more proud of a nation that has been able to see beyond color, which when determining ability, goodness, integrity or character is the most insignificant detail. I pray his leadership convinces those who hang on their biases how useless that emotion and energy spent are.

No comments: