Sunday, November 9, 2008

I, about an hour ago, turned into my mother

I can remember my mom having this glow-in-the-dark plastic #1 key chain that she'd stick masking tape too with notes to herself. I can remember being in 4th grade and she had "violin" on the masking tape. Guess she thought I needed some practice!

Tomorrow is my daughter's snack day at kindergarten. Miraculously I remembered to purchase said snack at the grocery store with no panic. I found exactly what was requested. I have the popcorn bags in my handy dandy reusable bag. The water bottles (which cancel out the reusable bag ten-fold, in case anyone is keeping an environmental score on this one) are still in the garage so I don't forget them.

As I prepped our things this evening to ensure a smooth morning (which included a thirty minute search for a missing blankie) I taped a piece of paper that reads "Snack Day" on both my steering wheel and jogging stroller - didn't want to limit my mode of transportation! As I walked back from the garage, it hit me. I have just turned into my mother. I, again, realize she is brilliant and deserving of a momorable mention. You rock mom!

No comments: