Friday, September 5, 2008

In search of nanny to put up with my child(ishness)...

I'm humored by this article about a mom looking for a nanny. She describes her children as "a pain" and says "I can be a tad difficult to work for. I'm loud, pushy and while I used to think we paid well, I am no longer sure." *insert eye roll here* I think someone has seen too many episodes of the The Real Housewives of New York City and is prepping to apply for a future season.

She goes on to mention how she stacks her dishwasher and challenges her new nanny to keep up with her own passive aggressive tendencies. The lucky children in her care are being forced by their mother to endure it as it's a job requirement.

The woman who has accepted this position committed to one year with the family. It's either an extreme case of idealism or self-loathing. God bless the children and the nanny.

It's fun when adults throw up the white flag of acceptable behavior and ask others to tolerate it. My favorite quote is, "if you suspect all wealthy women are frivolous, we are not for you." LOL By blogging about it, I'm only feeding the huge attention appetite.

Good luck, folks! Tell the countess and Ramona I say hi!

No comments: