Thursday, September 4, 2008

Hold onto your hats! Hanna is on her way!

While I'm mildly annoyed that hubby is working tomorrow, school has been canceled. Hanna is supposed to be a category 1 hurricane, which means it has sustained winds of 74 - 95 mph. It shouldn't be terribly spectacular, but still requires bringing in all of our crap from the yard and porch. That's never a fun task.

I'm doubting we'll lose power or even internet, but you never know. Regardless, we're well stocked. Hopefully we won't need any supplies. My bigger concern is Hurricane Ike, who is out in the Atlantic brewing as we speak. He's a Category 4 right now with all the potential in the world to strengthen or weaken. If he slams into our neck of the east coast, we'll be on our way westward. Everyone keep your fingers crossed that he's just talking a big game right now and fizzles out before he comes in contact with any land.

I'm off to consult the school calendar to see when tomorrow's day off will be made up. I think there are a few built in, but this is my first rodeo. I have a lot of learning to do.

[photo courtesy of www.weather.com]

No comments: