Sunday, October 5, 2008

Happy Birthday to hubby!

I'm thankful to report that our first round of fillings went really well. There was so anxious crying the morning of, but overall, the complaints have been minimal. Today we made our way over to Build-A-Bear workshop for a little reward. I'd really like to get off this bribing system for dental visits, but since I've got another appointment to go, I'll hang in there and keep my trap shut!

Today is my hubby's birthday and he's spent it with his sister, brother-in-law, two nieces, mom, mother-in-law, father-in-law, two daughters, me and two friends from Australian. Once upon a time, he would have balked about all the extra obligation on "his"day. But this year, he seemed genuinely grateful to have everyone around celebrating with him.

We had muffins for an early breakfast and a big brunch. Most of the family left and he, very open hearted, spent the next several hours with our international friends, walking around Broadway at the Beach. When we parted (they'll be traveling on tomorrow) he sincerely thanked them for visiting.

Normally family visits stress me out. I procrastinate in cleaning. I over-think schedules and overwork menus. Everything has to be *just so*. In short, I drive myself nuts. When one thing derails any part of it, I, personally derail. This weekend I made decisions that were good for me, and ultimately ended up being good for others. I went with the proverbial flow. I enjoyed the company of our guests. As a result, everyone involved walked away feeling content and pleased.

It's hubby's birthday, but I believe we're both growing up!

No comments: