Sunday, July 20, 2008

They say she's on her way out...I disagree

I admit it, I was slow to develop a deep love for almost all things Martha. But now that I am, it's almost like an addiction! They say she's on her way out. I'm not so sure. What's for dinner? IDK, let's ask Martha! While not a meal, my latest love are her large sugar cookies!

I recently scoured the site looking for content...true articles. Much to my surprise, they were scarce. Instead it's now filled primarily with recipes, photos, galleries, videos, lists and instructions. Back in the day, I remember far more narrative and commentary.

I'm an old school type of gal and initially found myself miffed. Would all of this new-fangled stuff really mean better quality? Ask my family...

I've never had luck with cut-out sugar cookies. I've honestly tried five or more times with various recipes. My problem, consistently, was fragile dough. I'd make it, refrigerate it, roll it out, cut it out with a cookie cutter and...drum roll please...failure. The dough around the cut-out wouldn't separate easily. I'd do my best to manipulate it, but all of that handling would warm it up. I'd try to lift the beautiful heart-shaped pre-cookie and put it on the pan and it would rip or fall apart. What frustrated me most is that it had already taken a good amount of time and effort to get to this point!

I'm pleased to say that Martha has reformed my bad sugar cookie habits all thanks to her videos! Check these babies out!

This Momorable Mention goes to Martha Stewart's site. Good job folks!

No comments: